what would you like to see bachmann produce?

Started by ForThemPanzerz, September 26, 2011, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForThemPanzerz

i would like to see some older style ho engines that date from 1870 to 1920 or odd ball engines in ho scale that you would see on a short line railroad like high boiler climax and 2 truck shay's or even an ho scale 0-4-2 like the on30 one.
Forumfield

jettrainfan

a 2 truck shay would be cool, or climax... I'd like to see a good 4-6-6T or a 2-8-2T....bigger tank engines that aren't really made anymore... DCC would be excellent with them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: jettrainfan on September 26, 2011, 11:08:42 PM
a 2 truck shay would be cool, or climax... I'd like to see a good 4-6-6T or a 2-8-2T....bigger tank engines that aren't really made anymore... DCC would be excellent with them!
[/quote
the bigger tank engines would be pretty cool maybe they could start an old time line that makes mason bogies 4-4-0s early standard gauge c-16 2-8-0s and heislers + an early 2-6-0 and for cars how about some wood side ore cars andcabooses and boxcars.
Forumfield

ForThemPanzerz

the bigger tank engines would be pretty cool maybe they could start an old time line that makes mason bogies 4-4-0s early standard gauge c-16 2-8-0s and heislers + an early 2-6-0 and for cars how about some wood side ore cars andcabooses and boxcars. sorry about last post i tried quoting and it kept it in the quoting.
Forumfield

train guy

I'd like to see a copy of Tyco's chattanooga 2-8-0 in royal blue colors.

Doneldon

shay-

Bachmann is a major manufacturer of model trains and must thus build for quantity sales. The locos you mention would have a very limited customer base and would be highly unlikely products from a large company like Bachmann. Specialized items are far more likely from boutique builders or brass builders. The cost for models from such sources, however, can be expected to be very high. The tooling costs for common prototypes and specialized prototypes aren't very different. What is different is that a mass produced product can amortize those costs over many, many units, keeping the price low. Specialized models must recoup tooling costs over relatively few units which must therefore be comparatively more expensive.
                                                                                                                                          -- D

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: Doneldon on September 27, 2011, 09:46:58 PM
shay-

Bachmann is a major manufacturer of model trains and must thus build for quantity sales. The locos you mention would have a very limited customer base and would be highly unlikely products from a large company like Bachmann. Specialized items are far more likely from boutique builders or brass builders. The cost for models from such sources, however, can be expected to be very high. The tooling costs for common prototypes and specialized prototypes aren't very different. What is different is that a mass produced product can amortize those costs over many, many units, keeping the price low. Specialized models must recoup tooling costs over relatively few units which must therefore be comparatively more expensive.
                                                                                                                                          -- D

i know but they still should have 2 truck shays and climaxs to go with our 3 trucks
Forumfield

Doneldon

shay-

Sure they do, but they can only go out on a limb so often.

-- D

phillyreading

How about a 4-8-4 Northern class steam engine in O gauge? Or a GP-38 for Reading Lines?

Lee F.

richg

Better documentation with their products.
I belong to quite a few MRR forums and quite often see questions about the product as the documentation is not as good as it could be.

A consistent line of steam loco DCC wiring so tenders can be swapped with minimum issues. Yes I know, maybe some should not be swapped but we like to play with trains.

Rich

DWU

Id like to see any geared loco,Shays,Climax,Railtrucks using the junk gearing switch to metal,or a better grade of plastic.Charge us another 10 bucks at least we know they will last longer than they are now!!!!!!!!!!!

jward

my requests are pretty simple actually:

1. bring back the u36b with a drive similar to the b23-7

2. the same for the f9.

3. retool the "gp50" so that it is an accurate model. this locomotive should have anticlimbers on the ends, and the radiator intakes should be much taller.

4. in the basic decoders used in the dcc onboard diesels, support for cv 5 and cv 6 so that we can at least program a basic speed curve, and speed match them with our other locomotives.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ebtbob

EBT mike in On30.   EBT caboose in On30(Bachmann already does one in large scale)
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

DWU

I agree ,more small steamers,I think most )n30 guys dont have big layouts to run long locos and most are into logging or mining,and yet I woulnt mind seeing a D&RGW K27 !