News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Using a tablet here

Started by richg, September 27, 2011, 04:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

If anyone here gets a tablet such as an iPad, they will work here.
I have a Dell Streak 7 running Android 2.2 that works just fine here.

Rich

train guy

richg

Quote from: train guy on September 27, 2011, 08:06:23 PM
Cool! I'l have to buy one!

Hang on. Amazon is coming out with one that is about $250. My Dell cost $299.
I use wireless. I cannot afford the 4G cost per month. The 4G model cost less but you have to pay the monthly fee.

Rich

Thomas1911

I don't have any problems using my Xoom or my Atrix smartphone to view this website or any others I visit.  Both are android devices.

richg

The Trains.com and Trainboard.com sites do not allow me to post any messages. The virtual keyboard never shows up. I can only login. Many other sites do work fine as does Facebook.
The Bachmann site works just fine.

Rich

NarrowMinded

I use my Iphone here all the time. I have to use my glasses to read the print on the small screen or I can just shift from side to side, but thats a hassle.

NM-Jeff

richg

Quote from: NarrowMinded on September 27, 2011, 10:09:36 PM
I use my Iphone here all the time. I have to use my glasses to read the print on the small screen or I can just shift from side to side, but thats a hassle.

NM-Jeff

Yeah, that is why I did not go any smaller than the streak 7. I thought about the Streak 5 but thought it was a little too small for me.
The Kindle Fire some here might want and cost less than the Streak 7 and has better specs. $200.
Tablets are nice to use when working on the layout and they come with a camera that does stills and videos.

Rich

richg

Quote from: richg on September 27, 2011, 08:42:13 PM
The Trains.com and Trainboard.com sites do not allow me to post any messages. The virtual keyboard never shows up. I can only login. Many other sites do work fine as does Facebook.
The Bachmann site works just fine.

Rich

I found out it was a configuration issue if anyone ever has the similar issue when using a tablet at certain sites. You have to modify your profile at the site. Some sites provide a Apps download to better use their site.

Rich

richg

If anyone wants to try the tablet, here is link to one. I just bought one for my girlfriend to experiment with.
She is interested in the technology. Her grandchildren are getting a kick out of watching her.

http://www.amazon.com/PanDigital-72-70FW-7-Inch-Tablet-Computer/dp/B004QRIUOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317475404&sr=8-1

Rich