Problem with Douglas' eyes. Help!

Started by AttnDefDis, September 09, 2011, 05:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AttnDefDis

I just got Douglas and his eyes only look to the left.  They look left, move back to center, hesitate and move back left.  instead of going back and forth like all of my other engines. 

The mechanism seems to work fine without the body cover and the eyes seem to move freely without the undercarriage.  I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with any other Thomas engines or if anyone has any suggestions.  If not, I'll have to return him. 

MetaDude27

I have the same problem with a couple of my engines, as well. I don't mind it too much, but if there is a way to fix it, then I'd like to know, too.

therailwayinspector

What I think it is might be the eyes are painted too far over to one side - I've seen a few models like this about, so they only go to centre and one side. The only way to fix that I think is to repaint the eyes...
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

AttnDefDis

No, they're dead center.  I took him apart and everything seems fine.  I've never had this problem and it's really annoying.  You'd think Bachmann would inspect stuff like that.

therailwayinspector

Then that may be the cog moulding that moves the eyes.
They can't inspect every model that leaves the factory, otherwise we'd get nothing!
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

branmas

I know I don't need help, but thanks for the help, because my Donald does the same thing only it goes Right, Middle, Right, Middle and so on.