News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gordon Smoke Generator

Started by sjk1077, August 17, 2007, 03:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjk1077

Hey everyone!  My name is Scott and I am new to HO steam engines.  I bought Gordon at a train show and was wondering if a smoke generator can be added?  If so, how and any suggestings on which one?  Also, does Bachmann produce N gauge Thomas and Friens?

Thanks in Advance,
Scott :)

Frog Pulling Team

Hello Mate
Putting in a smoke genorator in Gordon wont be hard.  Use a genorator from an HO locomotive.  If you put it in a Hornby Gordon it wont be hard.  If your putting it in a Bachmann Gordon put the smoke genorator someplace eles insted of under the funnel.  Conect a rubber hose to the smoke genorator leading to the funnel that way you wont need to take the moving eye system out.  Sorry to say but Bachmann doesnt make Thomas in N scale. ;)

sjk1077

Hey, thanks for the info.  It is a Bachmann Gordon.  Will any smoke generator work or do I need to get a specific one?  I have never done this to any of my locos and don't want to mess this up. :D  Any suggestions on a good place to put one?   Also, I like your Cadet.  It may not be a dirt bike, but I bet it's just as fun! ;)

Thanks, Again,

Scott

Frog Pulling Team

Well here is a website I found one on for $13.00.  http://www.hobbysetcohio.com/mdp11.html
This should work.

Also thanks for the interest in my Cub Cadet its called Super Frog.  One of the guys on here though calls it a Messed Up Mower.

sjk1077

Thanks, agian.  I will try this when I have more time.  Besides, I 'd take the messed up mower over a regular mower any day. ;D

PerfectPercy

I didn't know you could put a smoke generator anywhere else without removing the eye mechanism.