Bach-Man Any Specialty Store sets This year?

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, November 11, 2011, 09:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Bach-man or Yardmaster,  Had to Ask,  Did Bachamann do any specia;l sets for  Front Gate, Bass pro, Orchard Supply, Sam's or any other stores this year??

Thanks!!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

the Bach-man

Hi, Bill!
None in LS that I was involved with.
Best,
the Bach-man

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

So far, only this 903037 Night Before Christmas set at Frontgate with a 93340 NP&S boxcar or maybe it's a rerun of the old 90044 North Pole Special set. I'd have to pull out my old catalogs to check.

http://www.frontgate.com/decorative-accessories/23867

Nothing from Boscov's, Sam's Club, Bass Pro Shop or OSH that I've seen yet.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Wade,
The 2011 Frontgate set number is 36464, it is the only one I can find.   It is definitely not the same as  90044, and there was no three car set with the Merry Christmas Caboose.   Just checked the 2009 Frontgate Catalog set and the 2011 offering must be ones they didn't sell in 2009(they are exactly the same) or a rerun of that set even has the same number 36464.  So it is definitely like 90037 with the added boxcar.

I would love to see a picture of the set in the box and the box cover, but so far I have not yet seen any.  If you do please send me copies.

Thanks,

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

That's the trouble with Frontgate. They used a stock Bachmann set picture the other year on the North Pole freight set and then it turns out it was a special paint job. Maybe someone who has a Frontgate store close by will post some pictures.

Wade