News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Two truck shay truck replacement

Started by roddy46, October 05, 2011, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roddy46

I need removal and re installation for the trucks on a 2 truck shay (G scale). Where can I find this information?

rod.lyda@yahoo.com

smcgill

When you have the replacement parts,  I think they come with instructions
I know they come with the replacement trucks    link below  that I got.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1172

This should be on the "LARGE SCALE F. A. Q." page !!   ??? But it's not!! >:(
Sean

SMonson

I have a two truck Shay with the 6 screw truck bottom plates.  Not used much and in nice shape except one of the large bolsters is broken off of the slotted truck top cover.  Is there a solution other than buying a new set of trucks?  Thanks.  Steve

Mike M

Steve send me your address I can send one to you
Mike

MAELLIS

I have had a major problems with my early "Mk 1" Shay. I have kept this running sweetly for years and even been able to mend the broken gear wheels and some cracked plastic pick ups OK. But at our recent exhibition, here in Norway, everthing seized up in the valve gear and the end of  the crankshaft on the piston assembly sheared off and one of the universal joints broke :(. I've managed to fix this with brass pins & tube but I'm still stuck with two badly damaged/broken plastic pickup housings. Does anyone have some spare ones or any of the Hillside cast ones they don't need ?  I'll pay, of course, for any post and for the spares.

Mike M

SMonson

I received the part yesterday.  Thank you so much, Mike (of Beacon Hill Trains).  My Shay will be like new again in no time.  Steve

Mike M

Steve did you get your shay running again?
Mike