News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

looking for a specific kit

Started by lanny, July 08, 2007, 09:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lanny

Hi all,

I am looking for an old craftsman kit made by Ambroid. It is series 'H-5', a Union Pacific Postal Storage Car. If anyone has any information where such a kit still might be found (or a modern equivilant) I sure would appreciate knowng. (I have already tried eBay without success)

Thanks.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Woody Elmore

Wow - a golden oldie. Is it part of the 1 in 5000 series? I thought that I had owned both series at one time or another but don't remember this particular kit. It may have just been in their regular line.

Good luck in finding one.

richG

I searched the 'Net for Ambroid Union Pacific Postal Storage Car and came up with one result. The car has been sold but maybe some other items might be of interest. The site was updated July 2007.
http://www.swedenfreezer.com/avr/AVR_ABEL_BRASS_AND_MODEL_SALE_2007.htm

Rich

lanny

Woody,

It's not part of the "1 in 5,000" ... there are three or four other series of Ambroid and this kit is in the 'H' series.

richG:

Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking.

I think Intermountain may be coming out with one in November or so. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

lanny nicolet

lanny

Just one more note regarding the 60' UP postal box car that is used as a 'tool car' with the #844 excursion.

I evidently was wrong about Intermountain. I checked them again and this time could not find such a car scheduled for future production.

If anyone happens on an old Ambroid H-5 kit, please let me know by private eMail

thanks!

lanny nicolet