News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC--DDC

Started by New Guy 44, October 11, 2011, 05:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Guy 44

I just bought a new Engin -Decopod 2-10-0 it has sound on board will it play -the sound on reg. DC or do u have th use a DCC controler to hear it . it will run on either -DC-Or DCC.. it states.dual board.  ??thanks..

ACY

If the sound is disabled you will need a DCC system to enable it, same goes for analog mode. But it is best to buy a DCC system for use with your locomotive, without one, you will not have any control over which sounds play and when they play.

richg

Spectrum locos with sound on board are suppose to work out of the box on DC. My 4-6-0 did but that is the only one I have.
All bets could be off if you buy one from a private source. Many that run a dual mode decoder on DCC disable the DC option as it can affect the operation of the loco under certain conditions when run with a DCC controller. I belong to a bunch of train forums and see this discussion.

Also, you will have to turn the power pack up higher than you do when running a loco with no decoder. It is the nature of the beast without getting technical.

Rich