News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale dcc

Started by will212, October 10, 2011, 08:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will212

I'm fairly new to model railroading, and I'm planning an n scale layout, roughly 4 feet by 3 feet, i want to have 3-5 locos, double oval with a rail yard and roundhouse, what dcc system should i use? looking forward to anyone who can help, thank you

Country Joe

That's not an easy question to answer. It's like asking what is the best flavor ice cream. An NCE Power Cab or a Digitrax Zephyr will be more than enough to run the layout you are planning. They are relatively inexpensive (around $160 each). The best advice is to try the units if you can. Sometimes you can test drive them at train shows. Of the 2 beginner sets I would go with NCE, but that is a preference. I just don't care for Digitrax. Others love Digitrax. The Bachmann Dynamis is a good system and wireless from the start, but it's more expensive. The EZ Command is VERY limited and only suited to the smallest layouts that will never expand.

I have a Lenz Set 100. I find it very easy to use. Is it best for you? Maybe, but then again maybe not. Try out as many as you can. A little experience is worth far more than a bunch of advice.