News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Diesel has arrived

Started by InsideTrack, October 11, 2011, 01:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

branmas

Cool! Good thing I know I'll be getting him for Christmas from my Mum's Friend. Nice review.

Calebtrain

Thanks! While everyone spent their money on Donald and/or Douglas, I was mowing lawns saving up for him.

Anthony P2

ah so I'm not the only one who mows lawns. i've been mowing laws for about 6 years now. i'd spend that money as soon as i got it so i got a real job back in May. since then I got:

Waterton Butchers
Ben's Books
Post Office
another Great Waterton platform pack
2 expansion stalls for my Tidmouth Sheds
the Blacksmiths
Take N' Play Kevin
some hornby points
sprung buffers (first pair i put on Percy not sure what do do with 2nd pair)
Bill and Ben
Hornby TARDIS...i mean Police Box
Clasix post van (will be repainted to look like Tom Tippers post van)
Donald and Douglas
just received 3 Munsell coaches in the mail on monday ( they look GREAT behind Henry! ;) )
and now i'm going to order Diesel and some peco points

i don't mean to be boastful sorry if i do.

Cupix the Azelf

My shop, Maylands Model Railways is getting Bachmann Diesel in stock!! :D

And hopefully Hornby Dart, too... :-\
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

JD417

i have a bone to pick with bachmann; the wheels are awfulllllllyyyyyy small compared to his huge face and tall body, and plus the side rods move way to quickly... and i just dont get this;

CGI face and SILVER side rods? ???

if anything it should be;

classic face and sliver side rods. or,
CGI face and BLACK side rods...

obviously id (like most people) prefer that first option, but in all honesty i really wouldnt care either way

and the closed cab is kinda depressing...
but one other thing; apperently he is "slow" just like the prototype, the class 08 diesel shunter, if i may ask, why is this? maybe because the small wheels and the side rods moving to fast resulted in bachmann having to make its top speed a somwhat slower one compared to most other thomas engines? idk if i could get the bach-man to answer me that would be nice, then i would have the actuall legit real reason :3 :P

branmas

I thought that Face was a Classic one. A Classic Smile. :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JD417 on October 24, 2011, 01:08:39 AM
i have a bone to pick with bachmann; the wheels are awfulllllllyyyyyy small compared to his huge face and tall body, and plus the side rods move way to quickly... and i just dont get this;

if anything it should be;

classic face and sliver side rods. or,
CGI face and BLACK side rods...
It attracts both old and new fans. Besides, it's probably easier to just keep them unpainted on the assembly line, so win-win.

Quote from: JD417 on October 24, 2011, 01:08:39 AMand the closed cab is kinda depressing...
Bachmanns non tender locos always have cabs closed off completely, nothing new. It's probably cheaper to do than having see-through windows.

Quote from: JD417 on October 24, 2011, 01:08:39 AMbut one other thing; apperently he is "slow" just like the prototype, the class 08 diesel shunter, if i may ask, why is this? maybe because the small wheels and the side rods moving to fast resulted in bachmann having to make its top speed a somwhat slower one compared to most other thomas engines? idk if i could get the bach-man to answer me that would be nice, then i would have the actuall legit real reason :3 :P
Slow and smooth operating locos are generally preferred among the model railway community as it leads to less jerky/rough operation, and most professional and expensive models do run smoothly and slowly, so the fact Bachmann can emulate it close with Thomas models is a good sign. Why is this even a complaint?

Calebtrain

Quote from: Anthony P2 on October 23, 2011, 01:53:09 PM
ah so I'm not the only one who mows lawns. i've been mowing laws for about 6 years now. i'd spend that money as soon as i got it so i got a real job back in May. since then I got:

Waterton Butchers
Ben's Books
Post Office
another Great Waterton platform pack
2 expansion stalls for my Tidmouth Sheds
the Blacksmiths
Take N' Play Kevin
some hornby points
sprung buffers (first pair i put on Percy not sure what do do with 2nd pair)
Bill and Ben
Hornby TARDIS...i mean Police Box
Clasix post van (will be repainted to look like Tom Tippers post van)
Donald and Douglas
just received 3 Munsell coaches in the mail on monday ( they look GREAT behind Henry! ;) )
and now i'm going to order Diesel and some peco points

i don't mean to be boastful sorry if i do.
Not boastful at all.  ;)

Cupix the Azelf

Ever thought of a little dash of Nostalgia or a combination of both Old and New?

I thought it was creative of them to give him his CGI face and silver siderods. At anytime if you're a painter, you could just paint them black or if you're a face modeler, replace the face with something classic related. :P
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

PasqualeCS96

In theory, could you replace the face with a Hornby or Trackmaster face? I know JD417 used a Trackmster face right?

ThomasFan247

If you compare the model to a clip of Diesel in the CGI series, you'll see that Bachmann's model is very accurate with the small wheels, large face, and fast moving siderods.

Anthony P2

i ordered my diesel. should be here thursday or friday.

Calebtrain

CaptainPunjab

I eventually may order Diesel when I get the time to