what does everybody want after the Heisler?

Started by ForThemPanzerz, October 11, 2011, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich19

@gloria:

The book I referred to is "Kansas City Southern in the Deramis Era" from Louis Marre published by Wither's. It's not focussing on the early railroading era actually. However, they elaborately describe all KCS predecessors. Very nice book. The quote must be seen in the context of the steam locomotives used between Kansas City and Shreveport (e.g. the mallets) over Rich Mountain and the ones deployed south of Shreveport - a huge contrast.

Also, I can highly recommend the books from Joan and Thomas Gandy who published the Natchez photographs of Henry and Earl Norman. The Book "Natchez City Streets Revisited" (Arcadia  Publishibg) shows hundreds of photos of the typical Louisiana houses in the late 1800's.

Richard

ForThemPanzerz

wow almost everything said in this post is available at backwoods miniatures  ;D
Forumfield

ForThemPanzerz

and now we wait to see what bachmann comes out with next year... i only hope next year will come soon!
Forumfield

ken716

S. Calloway

I would like to see a larger shay,one big enough to pull logs in mountainous terrain. The one we have now looks almost to little to even pull trains at Disney world! I ain't holdin' my breath though...

Royce Wilson

Lets have them make some of the Glover engines. ;DThese were used in logging,construction work and industrial lines and of course the ww1 trench engines and who would not want a Puffing Billy!

Royce Wilson

vttrainguy

Here's an easy one Mr. Bachmann....an 18 ton, 0-4-0 Porter saddle tank. You already have the CAD drawings from the G scale version you did.  It was a universally used prototype, a very popular model no longer offered by Grandt Line, Line and would offer a nicely sized loco between the original Porters and the geared locos. And no one is going to give you grief about the gear train !
  Rick G. in NH.

Royce Wilson

Rick,If I had my dreams then I would like to see models of the 18T 0-4-0 and the 0-6-0 and 2-6-0 Porters.I think most folks in On30 like the small engines.

Royce

vttrainguy

Oh my, Royce,
   Just picture the 1880's MOGUL ala Balboa/ Ken Kidder, NWSL Spartan !!!
And everyone thinks the inside frame 4-4-0 is small......LOL !
   But as I said, Mr B. already has all the CAD work done for the saddle tank. And an 0-6-0 version should be equally easy given the HO mechanism that already exists.
Rick

Royce Wilson

I have purchased the IF 4-4-0 and it is a beautiful locomotive and yes a small 2-6-0 like a Porter or something would be nice.

Royce

Linzthom

I'd like to see a Heisler !!! A  later model 20+ tonner
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Royce Wilson

How about a small 4 wheel bobber caboose?

Royce

GG1onFordsDTandI

The gauge could use some ehhh... era or setting broadening. Something newer or just plain different that would stand out, yet mix in along more recent full O line would be nice. An industrial gas/electric, small full electric, for supplementing trolley lines!; esp. would like an electric Steeple cab for delivery/work duty, with a hand crane, flat with a work platform, and work caboose! Or a heftier, larger, later diesel. A detailed new age miners loco and cars? Sigh... If its got to be old steam again, a little Dewey Bro's, a stout Baldwin geared/cogged with the heavy outside framework, or something long and Garratt sandwiched between tanks would at least be a new and different look.   

Kevin S.

Large industrial diesel similar to #19 on the C&TS or the ex-steel mill locomotives now in use on the Durango & Silverton.

Large enough to serve as short line motive power during the steam/diesel transition era yet small enough to be BIG industrial power.

Would also make the On3 guys happy.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: Kevin S. on April 03, 2013, 01:53:20 PM
Large industrial diesel similar to #19 on the C&TS or the ex-steel mill locomotives now in use on the Durango & Silverton.

Large enough to serve as short line motive power during the steam/diesel transition era yet small enough to be BIG industrial power.

Nice example Kevin. "Dat's what Im talkin' about".