How to change whistle sounds on On304-6-0/w/sound?

Started by Dusten Barefoot, October 12, 2011, 03:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

Does anyone know what I should do to change whistle sounds for my bachmann On30 DCC/sound 4-6-0? I am using a NCE powercab, and is my first DCC sound engine ever. I love it so far, but trying to figure out how the whistle sounds are changed is puzzling me. How would I change the CV code, or what ever it is I need to change in order to receive the Baldwin 3chime whistle that is on#12. I don't like the default 5chime to well

Rock On!
Dusten Blake Barefoot
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtbob

Dusten,

If your 4-6-0 is equipped with Tsunami technology for sound then CV 115 is the CV for changing the whistle.   I use Digitraxc but with NCE it should be basically the same process.   Put your system in the programming mode after addressing the engine.   Select CV 115 and give a value of 0.   If you do not like that whistle,  then repeat the process giving 115 a value of 1 and so on.   The problem is,  with Tsunami technology you may only have one or two whistle selections.   A full blown Tsunami would have 5-7 whistles in most cases.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Dusten Barefoot

So I was lied to when I asked a while back, if these 4-6-0s had the whistle of ET&WNC #12........ ???  This is rather irritating as I only have 3 whistles and they're all crappy. Two single note, and a five chime which sounds way to big for the engine.  >:(

Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Dusten Barefoot

Bob I forgot to thank you for the help; which i do appreciate. I do appologize.

Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtbob

Dusten,

No appology necessary.   Just thought you would be interested in what a full Tsunami has in the way of whistle selection.   The TSU-1000 Southern Steam has the following whistles:

N&W Class J
N&W Class A
Crosby 3 chime
Lunkenheimer 3 chime
Southern Railway single chime
Southern Railway 3 chime
ETW&NC

So by what you said of having only three available whistle selections I think it is safe to say that your 4-6-0 is equipped with what is known as Tsunami technology.  Not only does the full blown Tsunami have more whistle seclections,  there are other difference that the more educated than me could share with you.    What you do get from the lesser Tsunami is the same good operational characteristics that come with the regular Tsunami.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org