News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mega log-up...

Started by tac, October 07, 2011, 08:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

Me and my pal came back last night exhausted from a charity train run where we had ALL our geared locos and two connies running for the delight of an appreciative audience of visitors.

About 300 saw five Shays [plus a live-steamer], a Climax and two Heislers hauling empty and loaded log cars around a pretty bumpy laid-on-ground' circuit of around 80 feet.  Would you bleeve me when I say that not a single one of the look-onners had EVER seen anything like them before?  Of course, the yUK never got the need for this type of loco.  But all were enthralled by the mass of wiggly bits flailing around in unexpected places on the geared locos, and, thankishly, we had a small table where we set up a rolling road for close-up examination...

And we are going it all again tomorrow!!!

All but the live steamer [an AccuCraft three-cylinder Shay] were Bachmann Spectrum products, as were many of the cars and the two cabeese.

Great stuff, Bachmann!  You might just have gotten a few new fans!

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS 

Sleeping Bear

Any pictures, video or links there too?    Hook us up tac....Later All......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

smcgill

I get the same reaction ,  :o usually when we run with the smaller scales @ the shows!
Still love to see there faces when they get in close to look @ the gearing!
Sean