what engines are on your layout?

Started by ForThemPanzerz, October 15, 2011, 12:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForThemPanzerz

me 2 3truck bachmann shays. an athearn sw1500, 2 roundhouse climaxs, tyco 4-8-0, mantua 2-6-6-2, bachmann 4-4-0, bachmann f-3,2 brill trolleys and an unknown 0-4-0 that i think is model power or ihc.
Forumfield

jward

right now on the layout i have 1 atlas trainman rs36, 1 atlas trainman gp38-2, 1 atlas rs3. i atlas s4, i bachmann rs3, 1 bachmann gp7, 2 bachmann gp40, 1 bachmann h16-44 and thomas. i have many more locomotives stored in boxes which i rotate onto the layout.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jonathan

I had to go look.  Been working on scenery and rolling stock lately.  In the freight yard/engine service facility I have some old Athearn Diesels and a P2K SD7.  On the Passenger yard I have my Acela set.  On a siding I have a Spectrum Heavy Mountain (modified to a B&O T Class), leading some B&O Passenger cars.  On my branchline I have  a Bachmann Standard 0-6-0 (modified to a B&O D30), pulling a cut of ore cars.  There is a Coal Mine and Turntable on the branchline.  The stall tracks are holding a Varney 0-4-0T, Rivarossi 0-6-0T, and two Bachmann H16-44s.

On the double-track mainline are double-headed Heavy Mountain and Consolidation (one side hauling mixed freight) and a Bowser G5 (other side hauling coal).  Everything else is in a wall-mounted display case or boxed for display at the upcoming train show in Timonium.  Timonium is where I run the DCC/Sound stuff. 

My home layout is strictly old school, Dog.  Sorry my daughter has "Santa Buddies" on the tube right now.

Regards,

Jonathan

CNE Runner

The 'regular' locomotive on the Monks' Island Railway is a Bachmann GE 45 Tonner. On standby is a Bachmann Plymouth MDT (actually a WDT). My much beloved Atlas MP15-DC is really on display as it is too large for most of the sidings.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jettrainfan

As of right now, my chessie system GP7, ATSF 2-8-0, ATSF 4-8-4, and green GE-70 ton, all bachmann, are on "loan" to the CV&WS with my B&O 4-4-0 bachmann spectrum with sound in the thompson repair yard cause 2 conrail SD40-2s plowed into her when I was out of town... (showed him a piece of my mind... but no fist surprisingly). Other than that, all the other engines are currently in storage due to track work on the L&W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Joe323

At the moment 2 GE 70 tonners One is in MOW service the other brings the waste from the trash transfer station to the yard where the cars are assembled into long consists for CSX to haul to South Carolina.

There is also a C & O dockside switcher that used to run a tourist train at times.  I also have 2 GP 40's that appear from time to time.

Thomas1911

Currently on my layout are two Bachmann decapods, a Bachmann 2-6-6-2, two P2k SD7's, and my new Bowser VO-1000. 

On the shelves I also have an A-B-A consist of Athearn F7's, two Bachmann 44-tonners, a Bachmann Shay, an Athearn SD40-2, an Atlas SD26, and a Rail Power Products/Athearn SD90MAC and SD60M.

WoundedBear

My roster has 3 Bachmann 4-6-0's....2 with sound, one without.......4 Bachmann 3 truck Shays....only one with sound..2 Bachmann 2 truck Climaxes..and a Mantua 2-6-6-2 logging Mallet with tender.

Sid

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: WoundedBear on October 15, 2011, 07:49:44 PM
My roster has 3 Bachmann 4-6-0's....2 with sound, one without.......4 Bachmann 3 truck Shays....only one with sound..2 Bachmann 2 truck Climaxes..and a Mantua 2-6-6-2 logging Mallet with tender.

Sid
when did bachmann make 2 truck climaxes... this would be great for me to have i hope i find one on ebay
Forumfield

WoundedBear

The last run of B'mann 2 truck Climaxes was around 2005-2006. I picked mine up in mid 2006. If you're buying a used one, keep in mind that they were prone to driveline failures similar to the Shay troubles. And Bachmann has NO PARTS at all for these 2 truckers.

Sid

Ken G Price

All are DCC equipped.
2-Bachmann GP40, Union Pacific
2-Kato SD40, Union Pacific
1-Kato AC4400CW, Chicago & North Western
1-Kato C449W, Southern Pacific
2-Altas MP15DC, Missouri Pacific
3-Atlas GP38-2, Union Pacific
2-Atlas SD50, Union Pacific
That's about all the engines I will need except a BNSF SD40 for interchange service.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Pacific Northern

Currently on my HO layout I currently have:

2 trueline CN 4-8-4's,

an Intermountain GN FT,

an Overland GN H-5 4-6-2,

2 BLI GN 2-8-2's, an Overland GN 4-6-0,

2 Tenashado PFM GN 2-8-0's

one Bachmann Shay and

one Bachmann Climax
Pacific Northern

ebtbob

Engines on the Philadelphia and Reading Shortline all DCC w/ sound

4 Broadway Reading T-1s
1 Broadway Pennsy M-1A
1 Broadway Pennsy I-1
1 Broadway Pennsy J-1
2 Broadway mikes 1 undec,  1 Pennsy
1 IHC NKP 2-10-2
1 Proto 2000 0-6-0 private road name
1 Bachmann light MtN undec
1 Bachmann 2-8-0 EBT

1 pair of Walthers' Reading F7s
1 pair of Intermountain CNJ F3s
1 Walthers LV doodlebug
1 Atlas Reading GP40
1 Atlas N&W SD35
1 pair of Atlas A&M C420s
1 pair of Atlas D&H C420s
1 Atlas BCR C420
1 Atlas LA&L high hood C420
1 Atlas N&B U33B
1 Atlas Tidewater Southern RS1
1 Atlas CNJ RS1
1 Broadway RSD15 private road name
1 Athearn Peabody RS3

On the HOn3:
3 Blackstone K27s
1 Blackstone C19

On the On30:
2 MMI K27s
2 Bachmann 2-8-0s
2 Bachmann 4-6-0s
1 Bachmann 2-6-6-2

All the above engines are the property of both me and my son Darryl.   There are at least 15 other engines not on the railroad as they do not have either DCC and sound or no sound but dcc.  On the way is a Bachmann Erie S-4.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

NMWTRR

These are my favorites and tend spend more time on the layout:

Bachmann 70T Southern Pacific
Bachmann 44T DR&G
Bachmann 0 6 0 Tanker Almagordo and Sacrmento RR
Bachmann FTA Santa Fe
Bachmann 0 6 0 Tender engine (needs logo not sure what yet)
Atlas S4 NMWTRR
Athearn S12 Santa Fe
Athearn SW1500 NMWTRR
Athearn Converted SW1500 chasis with two lil'hustler shells modfied into a center cab NMWTRR
Athearn GP7 Union Pacific
MDC Climax

What is in the machine shop being modernized with DCC and a new motor:

Mantua Big 6 Santa Fe
Waiting to go into the shop is a Tyco 4 6 0 Rogers and a Mantua 0 6 0 tanker.

Looking to get a sound version of the newer Bachmann steamers.

Always seems like there is one more engine that I would like to get !

ACY

For my HO layout:
An AHM Third Avenue Railway Trolley set and a TYCO Nob Hill Trolley, and these are not on the tracks, but just set on the layout. Everything else is put away in boxes, all rolling stock included with the exception of one Bachmann log car that is sitting on the tracks somewhere.
For my N scale layout
The only loco on the layout is an Atlas AC&Y #200 FM H-15-44. No rolling stock is on this layout currently either.