In-ko-pah Railroad: An authentic miner's cabin

Started by Ray Dunakin, October 16, 2011, 12:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: mr shay on November 08, 2011, 08:51:22 PM
any hints on what new locos or buildings we will see soon on this masterpiece.

I don't know. There are a LOT of buildings I'm itching to get started on, but I have so many other things I need to do first.

I have to finish building a water tank to go with the old cabin, then I need to build up the concrete "soil" around the cabin, and make places for the outhouse and water tank to sit. I also need to do some work on the cliff above the cabin area, though, and should probably do that before I finish installing everything at the cabin site.

I also have several minor projects in the works, such as building a miniature stone wall to support a mine tram, building some foundations for what will become the town of Mineral Ridge, creating a couple grade crossings. and installing a crossing track near Grandt Cliff.

Plus I have some repairs that I've been putting off, and a combine that's halfway through being repainted/upgraded. And I really need to install the receiver in my 4-6-0, but I just haven't felt up to the task.

On top of all that, my modeling time has been limited lately due to my wife's health problems and recent surgery. So progress has been really slow and will be for a little while.

Quote from: mr shay on November 08, 2011, 08:51:22 PM
also i had a question about the scenery i noticed in a photo that showed a large portion of your layout had holes in them i will go check which GR photos they it was photo 3 had 1 hole in the bottom right corner and on the top near your mine there were a few small caves.

Those are going to be mines. The small group of "holes" in the upper center of that photo is where I'm currently building a miniature retaining wall. There will be a little mine tram for hauling ore from the mines, to a small mill at the town of Mineral Ridge. I'll probably On30 or On3 track and mechanisms for the tram.

Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

ForThemPanzerz

neet great idea for using running trams from the mines. do you think you are going to use the bachmann 0n30 side dump ore cars because these look great. keep up the great work and hope to see your layout in GR for years to come.
Forumfield