News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas and friends

Started by topsy, October 16, 2011, 03:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topsy

Can you please tell me whether Thomas is available DCC Ready or fitted in the USA?

alex wittman

I can provide the ansswer, the locomotives are not fitted with DCC, it can be easily installed though, but not ready. plus if it's USA fitted as in with knuckle couplers then no, they have european "Hook and Loop" couplers. this subject has been brought up and this answer is pretty staight forward so if this topic could be avoided then we won't have any trouble or confusion, if anyone asks just look for this topic because we do get questions like that and it'll be easier if they're just said on the "Everything Thomas" subject. it'll be easier on the computer system.

S.A.C. Martin

Quote from: topsy on October 16, 2011, 03:30:22 PM
Can you please tell me whether Thomas is available DCC Ready or fitted in the USA?

They do not have DCC sockets fitted as standard: they come as DC only.

Fitting a DCC chip requires some basic soldering and some inventive fitting given the normally small space under the boilers of each model.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on October 16, 2011, 03:46:51 PM
Quote from: topsy on October 16, 2011, 03:30:22 PM

They do not have DCC sockets fitted as standard: they come as DC only.

Fitting a DCC chip requires some basic soldering and some inventive fitting given the normally small space under the boilers of each model.
Hey its good to see your back! :)