News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spare Atlas Flex Track, anyone ?

Started by czechwizard, October 19, 2011, 09:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

czechwizard

Hi at it again,

guys, doesn't anyone please have some spare Atlas NS Flex track pieces ? What size ? Any size ? Its condition ? I need a few fillers between EZ track 45, 60, and 90 degree crossings. I would pay you by PayPal for the track and the shipping so that you can send it cheap as a letter to Nicaragua, you know, the real end of the model train world.  Please and thank you !

czechwizard

Wow, nobody's got anything. So could anyone passing by a LHS please buy one for me and ship it to me, cutting it neatly in three pieces, charge me your work as well, to fit a large envelope to send it cheap as a letter ? How much is it ? I pay you by PayPal. On Ebay nobody sells only one piece of track !

Doneldon

cz wiz-

Do you need flex-track or would some straight track do the job? And what
code track? I might have something I could send you but I need to know
just what you need and then dig it out.
                                                              -- D

Tedshere

Thanks -- D. 
    Nice of you to offer!!  I've been watching this and hoping someone could help the guy out. Ya know he's got to be paying full boat to get anything from a merchant here in the States. Then shipping is another hassle and all he needs is a couple small items.
    Makes me smile!  ;D
    Ted
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Ted
Kalkaska, Michigan

czechwizard

Yeah, unfortunately I need a flex track because  my 5 45 degree crossings and 3 60 degree crossings won't fit the EZ track anywhere. I would appreciate if anyone bought one or two Atlas Super flex NS code 100 tracks, cut it neatly in three parts to fit a large letter envelope to ship it to Nicaragua. Of course I will pay you in advance ! Thanks for the sympathy but Bachmann should have figured the crossing issue years ago. On Ebay no one wants to even bother. So I wish, I wish, I wish...

jward

did you know that is you snip the webbing underneath the rails of a piece of standard track, between the ties, you can bend it like flex track?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

cz wiz-

I think I wasn't clear. Do you need track which will actually bend
or just short pieces of Code 100 as fill-ins between your Bach track
and the crossings?
                                    -- D

czechwizard

czechwizard

Quote from: jward on October 23, 2011, 07:53:08 PM
did you know that is you snip the webbing underneath the rails of a piece of standard track, between the ties, you can bend it like flex track?

I will slip Woodland Scenic O track bed below the fillins once I get them to fill up the gaps, or otherwise I didn't understand what you were saying, sorry.

jward

what i was saying was that you can bend any standard piece of track if you cut the plastic between the ties. this has nothing to do with roadbed, flip a piece of atlas track over and you'll see the little plastic web that holds the ties together. remove this on only one side, and you have flexible track.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Quote from: czechwizard on October 23, 2011, 11:13:05 PM
Yes, only fillins, no rare curves.

cz wiz-

Okay. I'll try to dig something up this week and send it to you. Please send me your address in a PM.

-- D

czechwizard

Quote from: jward on October 24, 2011, 10:26:10 AM
what i was saying was that you can bend any standard piece of track if you cut the plastic between the ties. this has nothing to do with roadbed, flip a piece of atlas track over and you'll see the little plastic web that holds the ties together. remove this on only one side, and you have flexible track.

Aha! ? But I've broken a couple, so it hasn't worked out for me, I'm not very skillful.

czechwizard

Quote from: Doneldon on October 24, 2011, 06:07:03 PM
Quote from: czechwizard on October 23, 2011, 11:13:05 PM
Yes, only fillins, no rare curves.

cz wiz-

Okay. I'll try to dig something up this week and send it to you. Please send me your address in a PM.

PM sent, thank you very much Doneldon                                                                                                 -- D

Dennis44236

I have 8 full length (36") pieces and 5 shorter (about 30") of code 83 Atlas flex track that I am willing to sell. If you still need it, please reply.