News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Absense of Painted Unlettered is mystifying

Started by Steam is King, October 21, 2011, 01:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam is King

Dear Mr. Bachmann, and all,

I've taken notice that many of the painted, unlettered versions of steam locomotives in the Spectrum and
the Standard Line are being discontinued. Why? I know you have fans of certain railroads, but to not offer
your locomotives as a painted, unlettered variant to me seems like shooting yourself before you've broken
your horses leg. Case in point, the 2-8-0 and the new Alco 2-6-0 are absent of painted, unlettered. Why?
This makes no sense whatsoever. I kindly ask the powers to be to reconsider their decision on this. It is
as popular as was the discontinuing of the tenders.

Respectfully,

Manny

Jim Banner

As a guess, painted, unlettered locomotives were not selling in large enough numbers to justify their production.  So I guess it is back to stripping off existing paint before giving them custom paint jobs and lettering.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Johnson Bar Jeff

I think it's regrettable, too, if Bachmann is not going to offer these engines "painted and unlettered," but Bachmann is first and foremost a business, and if Jim is correct that painted-unlettered engines aren't selling in large enough quantities. ...  :-\

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I will certainly pass along your concerns!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

hotrainlover

Is it possible for the Bachmann to bring back the TENDERS!!  That would solve a lot of problems.  I think that  not finding them available on the web shows that they sold "out" and therefore were profitable...

Hint, Hint!!

ACY

Quote from: hotrainlover on October 22, 2011, 09:42:29 AM
Is it possible for the Bachmann to bring back the TENDERS!!  That would solve a lot of problems.  I think that  not finding them available on the web shows that they sold "out" and therefore were profitable...
Actually a lot of places put them on clearance and sold them for a loss because they couldn't get rid of all of them at regular price. So if you call that profitable, then you may want to check your arithmetic. They can still be found all the time at train shows and they can be found on ebay also.

richg

Quote from: hotrainlover on October 22, 2011, 09:42:29 AM

Hint, Hint!!

There were issues matching some tenders with some locos. Mostly electrical. Some here and in other forums found this out. Possibly they are being re-done.

Rich