News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Arch Bar truck

Started by jls15820, October 26, 2011, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jls15820

Is the On30 Low frame 4'1" Arch Bar truck still available?  My local dealers have none and can't get them through Walthers, who list none in stock and restock as unknown.

railtwister

Hi jls15820,

Check with The Favorite Spot's ebay store. The last time I looked, they were offering Bachmann's low frame arch bar trucks both with auction and "Buy it now" pricing. A good substitute would be the Grandt SR&RL freight trucks (item #300-3113), but these are listed as "sold out" at Walthers, so check with Grandt Line directly for availability.

Bill in FL

mabloodhound

They were out at many places this summer but I now see them available from all the larger dealers and at shows.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

railtwister

I happened to visit the "Spot's" webpage this afternoon, and I didn't see the low arch bars listed, so he may be out of stock. I forgot to mention that you should also check with John Weigel at Peterboro RR. If Bachmann has them in the warehouse, John can get them for you, and if they're out of stock as well, he may know when they'll be back in stock.

Bill in FL

jls15820

Hi, Railtwister,

Thanks for your help.  The last set of trucks were gone from the "Spot's" website when you checked yesterday because I took your advice and purchased them.  There was only one pair left so I am still looking for more, although now I am in no hurry as I have enough to finish current projects.  Thanks again.