News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Bachmann Track

Started by jpipkin, October 26, 2011, 01:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

I've been informed by the VP of Product Development that our track represents 1:20.3 scale narrow gauge track.

Bucksco

Quote from: Hunt on October 31, 2011, 03:29:44 PM
Yardmaster,
Please confirm or correct the following for Bachmann large scale brass rail track.

Track gauge: 45 mm (1.77 inches) - Correct
Rail code: 332 - Correct
Screw/Rail Joiner System - Correct
Straight section labeled One-foot
Rail is actual 30.5 cm long (12.0 inches) - Correct
Ties: (European or USA) style, has (11 or 14) ties per section  - American - 11 ties per straight section
Two-foot Radius curve section
61.0 cm radius, 122.0 cm diameter - 4' 3 "diameter

I do not have track in hand so I reserve the right to change these answers when it arrives.

rdamurphy

sandyt

Track sounds good. Looking forward to getting it here in the UK. Any word of bigger curves and switches?
For Narrow minded. Rail clamps are a very good idea. Some people I know have replaced all their joiners with these. Best I have found are by a German electronics company who make DCC equipment - Sandy - Scottish Garden Railways

Bucksco

Patience grasshopper.....
We will have future releases.....

bbenardo

Is the brass track going to be Solid rail or Hollow like what comes in the sets?

Bucksco

armorsmith

Mr Bachmann,

Can you tell us, will the diameters of the curved track match the diameter dimensions of Aristo/USA?

Bob C.

the Bach-man

Dear Armor,
Yes, they will.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ScottyB

Saw some at Trainfest yesterday - looks great.  The rail is solid brass and I would imagine it matching up well with other manufacturers code 332 track.  The ties I would describe as on the narrow side - like the "American style" used by others.  Not sure on the spacing as I didn't have another piece to compare it to, but to my eye it appeared very similar again to the "American style."  The Bachmann name was stamped on the bottom of the ties.

Looked very nice.  As with all track, I think the price point will be the main factor in its success.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Loco Bill Canelos

If Bachmann can beat the others price point on the street, people will definitely buy it.    It remains to be seen.   Will we see the new track in any sets??  Will we see the metal geared 4-6-0 chassis in Big haulers?   Lots of possibilities exist!!   If willl be fun to watch.

Cheers

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Mark Oles

Having worked with a lot of track over the years,  the ties appear to be unlike any used by aristocraft or LGB.  The ties appear to extend much further than the other brand ties, indicating a new kind of track offering: brass 332 rail with american narrow gauge ties. 

While I'm no longer in favor of brass track for outdoor use,  there are others who may have been looking for this exact kind of track, so good for them! 

StanAmes

Quote from: Udo on October 30, 2011, 08:54:26 PM
Hi all,
yesterday I had some pieces of the new track in hand..... at Bachmann shop Shanghai.
It has dark ties (US spacing) and the connectors are srewed from the side. Aditional srews are glued under one of the ties. There is no brand name in the ties, only "made in China".
I have seen this kind of traks earlier already... may be Aristocraft????
Udo

Udo

Often you see things much sooner than we do in the states.  However this time I think your shop had some Aristo Track on hand rather then the new Bachmann track.  I got a few samples to try out and it is clearly different.

1) The ties I have say Bachmann underneath
2) The ties are more of a dark brown then black
3) The spacing and tie length is US Narrow Gauge in 1:20 rather then Standard Gauge in 1:29  The look is clearly different.
4) The Aristo track places the extra screws in wax under the ties.  With the Bachmann track the extra screws are placed in the track holes at each end.

In my opinion the new track complements the 1:20 rollling stock a lot better then other code 332 product in the market.

Following are two photos I took of the new track.  The first shows a close up of the track.  The second shows the Bachmann Ties in the center with an Aristo US ties on top and European ties on the bottom.  A short section of the Bachmann ties is shown on the top left to show that they are also a little longer.

Stan

Loco Bill Canelos

Wow Stan,  that is a great comparison!!   Looks like the new track will be a great addition to compliment the 1:20.3 Bachmann line!!   I like the idea of the brown color too.

bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

NarrowMinded

This is great news!

I can't wait for all the rivet counter types to start pulling up their none proto track they have been making due with and selling it cheap ;D

Out of a hundred or so feet of track I have, two one foot sections were bought new... and that's because they were needed in a hurry.

Of coarse I may buy a few of these sections for loco's displayed in the living room.

Nm-Jeff