News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Bachmann Track

Started by jpipkin, October 26, 2011, 01:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpipkin

Does anyone know anything about the Model Railroader announcement of what sounds like brass track from Bachmann?

Jim Pipkin

Bucksco

Yes, Bachmann will be producing Large Scale Brass track.

tom p

armorsmith

More directly, when will the information regarding code, length of straights, diameters of curves and compatibility with other mfgrs be available?

Thanks,

Bob C.

Bucksco

Initial releases include:

One-foot straight, 12 pack
Three-foot straight, 12 pack
Four-foot diameter curve, 12 pack
Five-foot diameter curve, 12 pack
Eight-foot diameter curve, 16 pack

Geometry is based on existing brands  (LGB, Aristo, USA)
Tie spacing is based on U.S. prototype

NarrowMinded

Hmmm, this is surprising News, not long ago I read a post asking why Bachmann didn't produce and or supply brass track and the answer was it would not be practical due to it being produced already, or something like that.

Nice surprise though I hope it is better then some(un-named) and more affordable.

NM-Jeff

Bucksco

Quote from: NarrowMinded on October 26, 2011, 09:26:09 PM
Hmmm, this is surprising News, not long ago I read a post asking why Bachmann didn't produce and or supply brass track and the answer was it would not be practical due to it being produced already, or something like that.

Nice surprise though I hope it is better then some(un-named) and more affordable.

NM-Jeff

Life is change.....

NarrowMinded

And For the Better is always good  ;D

NM-Jeff

Wade Colyer

Hi :

It sound like it might be the same as PIKO track. I see PIKO is going to have R3 curved switches.

http://www.piko-america.com/PIKO_G_2011_New_Items_Flyer.pdf

Wade

Bucksco

It is NOT the same as PIKO.
PIKO has a geometry all it's own.

Wade Colyer

Hi:

Thanks for that information. Information on some track brands is hard to find.

Wade

NarrowMinded

This is what I love about this forum,  I bought some piko track just before Christmas last year, I had a little trouble getting all the rail gaps out on some curves of mixed track brands, the Piko Geometry would explain that.

I'll have to check it against the aristo-craft and LGB track I have when I pull it out of storage this year.

Thanks

Nm-Jeff

Wade Colyer

Hi Hunt:

Thanks for the link. I remember seeing it somewhere but could not find it.

Wade

Udo

Hi all,
yesterday I had some pieces of the new track in hand..... at Bachmann shop Shanghai.
It has dark ties (US spacing) and the connectors are srewed from the side. Aditional srews are glued under one of the ties. There is no brand name in the ties, only "made in China".
I have seen this kind of traks earlier already... may be Aristocraft????
Udo

NarrowMinded

Hi Udo,

You are right that sounds the same as Aristo-Craft I like the joiners with screws.

I have been thinking of buying more rail clamp type joiners though, they are easier to use for me because you don't need to pay attention to which screw your removing and you don't have to remove the entire screw to take the track apart.

this is only an issue because I set up a layout at Christmas for the kids.

Can't wait to get my hands on some of this.

Lastly did anyone ask or say whether this will come in sets?

NM-Jeff