News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Improving The 45975 Bridge

Started by Mister Lee, October 24, 2011, 02:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Lee

Hey, Bachmann, how about improving the Plasticville 45975 truss bridge with a realistic looking deck? The bridge is popular enough with both O 3-railers and with On30 modelers, but a deck would finish a model that still looks incomplete even after it's assembled and would make it even more popular.

Yes, I know that a certain manufacturer made an aftermarket deck, but a compatible deck made by Bachmann that could accommodate either O 3-rail, O 2-rail, or On30 made of the same sort of plastic would be very nice.

Thank you for letting me bend your ear.

the Bach-man

Dear Mister Lee,
The deck sold by Micro-Mark is an excellent product.  It is unlikely that we'll do expensive new tooling to duplicate it in plastic.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jward

have you thought about releasing a similar truss bridge in HO?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Mister Lee

Dear Bach-mann,

I do hope you give it some thought anyway, even if the numbers don't work out. The only other comparable models of steel truss bridges are MTH's, Lionel's, and Atlas'. Atlas's steel truss bridges are a whopping 40 inches long. MTH's are about 24 inches long (I think), and Brand Meow's frankly look toy-train like. Bachmann's Plasticville bridges not only look plausible for both O narrow gauge and O standard gauge, but are short enough to fit in on three to four foot-long  modules and a lot of O scale modeling (narrow-gauge as well as 2-rail and 3-rail) is going the modular route these days.

Thank you for letting me bend your ear on this subject.

Hear endeth the harangue.

Quote from: the Bach-man on October 24, 2011, 11:15:57 PM
Dear Mister Lee,
The deck sold by Micro-Mark is an excellent product.  It is unlikely that we'll do expensive new tooling to duplicate it in plastic.
Have fun!
the Bach-man