News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

roadnames

Started by ForThemPanzerz, October 30, 2011, 12:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForThemPanzerz

Mr Bach-man i have a question regarding the road names such as the Colorado Mining Co.
Tioga Logging co.
Pocahontas Logging Co.
Midwest quarry & mining
greenbrier & big run logging co.

are all of these real companies and is the Tioga logging co tribute to that Tioga pass RR that appeared in model railroader a few times in the 70s and 80s
and  i also believe that the greenbreir & big run was real along with the Pocahontas logging co were in west Virginia
just curious

Forumfield

the Bach-man

Dear Shay,
Mr. Riley ans I came up with what we hoped were generic names with wide appeal.
Have fun!
the Bacch-man

ForThemPanzerz

thanks for the answer it would be great to see another roadname or 2. is there a chance we will ever see more glenbrook valley trains as the paint and lettering on them would be great on all the trains. i would love to see a shay with a wood looking painted cab and Russian iron boiler and an old time look with a cow ketcher
Forumfield

gmhtrains

Mr. Bach-Man,

On the subject of roadnames, does Bachmann offer hobby shops, clubs or NMRA regions the opportunity to purchase On30 rolling stock for use as "souvenir" or "convention cars" with custom roadnames? This is common practice in HO and N scales, where a 300-car minimum order can be more easily sold. But in On30, organizations might be wary of being stuck with more than 100 or 150 specially decorated cars. Would Bachmann insist on having the cars painted and lettered at its factory in China, or would clubs be permitted to buy undecorated cars for painting and lettering locally?

For example, the 2015 NMRA national convention will be held in Portland, Oregon. What is the possibility of the local On30 club obtaining 100 Bachmann coaches to be decorated for the Sumpter Valley Railway? Or a Southern California club might want to produce 100 combines for Southern Pacific's "Slim Princess" line. Maybe a hobby shop in Vancouver, B.C., would gamble on selling 150 White Pass & Yukon parlor cars.

What is Bachmann's current policy? Does Bachmann actually print the Thomas Kincade and other collector's market cars that have been offered, or simply provide the undecorated cars to the sponsors?

Gil Hulin
Eugene, OR

Royce Wilson

Why not produce some limited runs on the roadnames?

Royce

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: Royce Wilson on November 08, 2011, 08:59:40 PM
Why not produce some limited runs on the roadnames?

Royce
because its the best idea I've read on a forum in the past 10mn its a great idea to be able to custom order road names on all RR i would have a silverton northern no 34 2-8-0 because i compared the engine i have to a scale drawing in a book about the Silverton routes and it was almost exactly the same (and conveniently drawn to on30)
Forumfield

the Bach-man

Dear Gil,
Contact the Philadelphia office to discuss your options.
Have fun!
the Bach-man