News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N & W passenger cars

Started by sully14, July 10, 2007, 09:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sully14

Well, I finally bought a set of Con-Cor heavyweights. These seem to be about the closest I could find to the Pocahontas / Powhattan Arrow cars. Will have to measure them when they arrive, but don't really care about the length anymore. Spending 6 months looking for these things has made my head spin. Have 2 sets of the Micro Scale N&W decal sets, so I will be repainting and marking them. Just don't have the the Pocahontas / Powhattan Arrow markings. Will post some pics of them when done, especially behind my Spectrum J-Class. And if Bachmann ever does a set of cars for this loco, will consider those as well. Sully

The Great Destroyer

Yeah,
That's cool.I spent about a month looking for mine.I was watching some on Ebay and the guy had them listed forever.I offered him $75.00 for them and he took it.I got 6 passenger cars and an extra water tender.They are the Con-Cor ones and look pretty decent.Now the big thing is to find lighting kits or learn how to do LED lighting.Good luck I hope the cars turn out well!
                      Destroyer
"That moble suit is too much for any one man to handle,if he could,he would be superior to the entire human race."

sully14

The ones I have bought are currently Union Pacific. Will have to repaint, and use the 2 sheets of N&W decals I managed  to find. Would like to add lighting. The cars are an observation, coach (x3), diner, & baggage/ rpo. Can't wait to get them in and start the repaint. Sully

fieromike

Quote from: sully14 on July 13, 2007, 01:41:19 PM
The ones I have bought are currently Union Pacific. Will have to repaint, and use the 2 sheets of N&W decals I managed  to find. Would like to add lighting. The cars are an observation, coach (x3), diner, & baggage/ rpo. Can't wait to get them in and start the repaint. Sully

Is this the time to report that Micro-Trains is in the planning stages of doing heavyweights?  No roadnames yet, but the 1st car will be a pullman sleeper.

Mike

sully14

That will be cool. May hold off just a little to see what Micro Trains offers. Mainly since I don't have any of the Pocahontas or Powhatten Arrow logos to add to my cars. Besides, I kinda like seeing something that I have made, not just bought, kinda like my old Trix that I did the wave scheme on. I have also remarked a 2-6-2 prarie with C & O livery, and am planning on converting my Northern into a C&O Greenbriar. 2 exceptions are my RJ Corman SD unit, and of course my J-Class!

AlanJ3A

You know, there is company RailGraphics that will do decal runs. you need to buy 25 sets, but that could be a way of getting N&W passenger cars.

Make a copy of an intact Microscle sheet, so you know what it should have on it, do not make "for sale" decals or copies, but as a reference.  There are copywrite issues you wouldn't want to run afoul of.

microscale will not be doing these sheets-I don't know what they do do.

sully14

Thanks for the idea Alan. After looking at my decals and talking to a couple of people, I have figured out that the Microscale decals are not accurate for what I am doing. Will probably use some of them anyway until something better comes along. With the popularity of the new J Class, I have a feeling it's just a matter of time.

Sully

Williamson

Quote from: AlanJ3A on July 27, 2007, 01:06:19 AM
Make a copy of an intact Microscle sheet, so you know what it should have on it, do not make "for sale" decals or copies, but as a reference.  There are copywrite issues you wouldn't want to run afoul of.

The problem with this is that the Microscale decals are incorrect. :(