Connecting the new Baldwin 4-4-0 tender to the 4-6-0

Started by NevinW, October 31, 2011, 12:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NevinW

I know there have been all sorts of problems connecting the various tenders to different engines.  In my case, connecting the Vanderbilt tender to the 4-6-0 leads to a dead short.  My question is whether anyone has connected the tender with sound that comes with the new Baldwin 4-4-0 with the 4-6-0?  Does it run? 

rogertra

Quote from: NevinW on October 31, 2011, 12:12:47 AM
I know there have been all sorts of problems connecting the various tenders to different engines.  In my case, connecting the Vanderbilt tender to the 4-6-0 leads to a dead short.  My question is whether anyone has connected the tender with sound that comes with the new Baldwin 4-4-0 with the 4-6-0?  Does it run?  

As we have written, time after time after time after time in numerous posts regarding swapping tenders.

The easiest solution is circuit board STAYS with the locomotive when you swap tenders.

It's really that simple.  Take the circuit board out of the 4-4-0 tender and swap it with the one from the 4-6-0 so that the 4-4-0 circuit board is now in the 4-6-0 tender.

Yes, you may have to do a minor surgery on the tender but that's what the hobby of model railroading is all about.  

It's not all plug and play.

NevinW

I know all of that.  I have converted the Vanderbilt to run behind the 4-6-0.  I was curious to know if there was continued compatibility problems with the newest of tenders from the new Baldwin 4-4-0 with the sound system and the 4-6-0.