Weathering Your Williams Engines

Started by peisenmetrains, November 01, 2011, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peisenmetrains

Good afternoon.  Have any of you had any of your engines professionally weathered?  If so, are you happy with how it turned out (i.e. would you do it again or do you regret doing it)?  Appreciate any thoughts you have.  Thanks.

phillyreading

I have not done any weathering, but I know of somebody in the Broward County Florida area that does weathering for H.O. trains and he might do O gauge trains. His name is Butch Tannis. I can give you more info if you want, don't have the info right in front of me.

Lee F.

rtraincollector

Have not done it. have seen some that I thought were tastefully done but not for me at this time. At present its not as common for O as it is for HO. A lot feel it cuts value of an O engine still. My self it depends how it looks if I think it does.
those that I have seen with just a little weathering I like the heavy its okay but definitely not for me.

MAPA JCT

I've heard of  NO problems over the last 20 years....except one. I think it was the GP 9 RI. It has 3 paint schemes (black, red/white stripes). Other than that one, I'd say go for it!
Marty

Bill Baker

You might try some dull coat in the spray can.  It takes the shine off the paint but leaves the color on.
Bill