Fred Pelhay & Rickety - Unreleased models question

Started by J70, November 02, 2011, 05:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

Probably so, I don't see them coming out though.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

J70

Quote from: thomasj219 on November 06, 2011, 03:10:54 PM
Probably so, I don't see them coming out though.

I never said anything about wanting them released in any of my posts if you read them correctly.  ::)

All I'm after is some solid proof on Bachmann actually having planned them, as the archives from the announcement (2005) are long gone.

Jack

thomasj219

I see, If I may ask, why the sudden interest in this matter? Merely curiosity?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

MetaDude27

I actually still own the Bachmann 2005 catalog, and both Fred the Orange Coal Car and Rickety are listed, along with the cargo car and the open wagon. Fred's item number was 77040, and Rickety's was 77044. I'm guessing that when Fred and Rickety were cancelled, Bachmann decided to use their prototypes for the also-planned cargo car and open wagon, instead of making two completely new cars.

EDIT: If you need further proof, I can even post photos of the catalog's pages if you'd like.

J70

Quote from: MetaDude27 on November 07, 2011, 10:43:20 AM
I actually still own the Bachmann 2005 catalog, and both Fred the Orange Coal Car and Rickety are listed, along with the cargo car and the open wagon. Fred's item number was 77040, and Rickety's was 77044. I'm guessing that when Fred and Rickety were cancelled, Bachmann decided to use their prototypes for the also-planned cargo car and open wagon, instead of making two completely new cars.

EDIT: If you need further proof, I can even post photos of the catalog's pages if you'd like.

Please do! That's exactly what I am looking for. Now going to hunt down a copy of the 2005 catalog for myself.

Jack

MetaDude27

BillingsRR

Perfect! Almost as good as confirmation from the Bach man himself! Now we finally know the truth :)

MetaDude27

I guess hanging on to that old catalog for six years wasn't such a bad idea after all! :P

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways