News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Both Bachmann Santa Fe

Started by tford, November 02, 2011, 09:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tford

If I put a DCC decoder in a DC FT-A will it run at the same speed as my DCC FT-A? Can I run them in a consit using a Bachmann DCC controller?

Jim Banner

Basically, yes.  The speeds of any two locomotives of the same design are usually close enough to run the locomotives together.  Putting decoders in both of them should not make much difference.  You also have the possibility of speed matching the two locomotives if your Bachmann DCC control is the Dynamis and can program CVs or if you have a friend that can help you out.  Unfortunately, the basic E-Z Command cannot program any CVs beyond address and normal direction of travel so it cannot help you with exact speed matching.

As far as consisting goes, you can program both locomotives to the same address and if necessary, reverse the normal direction of travel of one of them so that you can run them back-to-back.  This is called "basic consisting" and is a job the E-Z Command will do quite well.  Exact details are in the E-Z Command manual.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

tford

Thanks Jim, as always you give the simplest yet all inclusive advise.
I haven't posted here since last winter, but when I did post this I was hoping you and a few others would be who responded. I live in the deep south so the winter is only time I can work on this Hobie. The warm weather keeps me and the grands outside as much as possible.