News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just another plug for HOn30

Started by BandO GLENNWOOD, November 10, 2011, 04:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandO GLENNWOOD

Bachmann produces HOe equipment for the British Market I was wondering if there is any way that you would consider importing some of this equipment for the US market and if there were enough sales to start marketing a line of HOn30 US type models as you have done with your ON30 line After all people tend to forget that ON30 was a very minor scale until Bachmann started the ball rolling with the 2-6-0 Now it is a major player in model railroading I am just wondering if Bachmann can do it again with HOn30

Johnson Bar Jeff

A man can dream. I'm not really interested in HOn30, but I sure would like an equivalent of EZ-Trak in HOn3. But clearly there would not be enough of a market to justify that.

CNE Runner

The MinitrainS HOn30 [HOe] set has really captured my interest. I am in the planning stages of yet another mini layout and would like to use this set. Occasionally, I read a British model railroad magazine and am amazed at the number of locomotives and rolling stock that are available in this scale. I guess the major 'stumbling block' to going HOn30 (or at least MinitrainS) are the European couplers...that I am told cannot be changed. Hmmm...if we do well enough at the next train show I just might purchase that set.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

BandO GLENNWOOD

I am not advocating that Bachmann produce any new products at this time Only that they import some of the products that they sell overseas in the way of HOn30 as a test bed If that is well received then maybe offer an American prototype or 2 to get the ball rolling Many of us would consider building a Mini layout or adding an industrial line to a standard gauge railroad If the products were easy to come by I would love to get a reply from the Bach-Man to see what there view point is on thus subject Thanks

CNE Runner

Peco offers some really 'neat' locomotives in HOe that (as far as I know) aren't offered in the U.S. Check out their website. I would think many of the HOe products would be a natural 'fit' for a mini layout. Great idea B&O!

Ray

richg

Peach Creek Shops has a good selection of Tillig brand HOn30 track and switches/crossovers, dual gauge HO/HOn30.

Rich

CNE Runner

Thanks for the information RichG. I checked out the website you suggested - as well as some others. Peco HOn30/009/e flex track is readily available...turnouts are not. Since (as I understand it) HOn30 uses N-gauge track, I checked out Peco N-gauge Electrofrog turnouts at Bill's Trains and Tracks (a dealer I have been using for years). The turnouts are available. I guess Peco doesn't manufacturer HOn30 turnouts, with the narrow gauge motif, because most folks will buy regular N-gauge turnouts. BTW: That Koppel locomotive has definitely gotten my 'juices' flowing.

Ray

richg

You can hide a N scale steamer or diesel under a shell. I have seen a number of them.
I have some parts to build a class A Climax using a SW1200 N scale diesel.
Not sure I will ever finish it though. Macular degeneration is taking a toll on my eyes.

Rich

mp15dc

Here ya go...Bachmann 45 tonner with the cab and walkway narrowwed down. sitting on an n scale drive. HOn30 modern Maine narrow gauge.
Ted

Doneldon

mp-

Nice work! I'm impressed.

-- D