News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann dcc engines not responding

Started by wcrookie8, November 13, 2011, 07:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcrookie8

I placed 3 of my sons Bachmann DCC engines on my layout that is using a Digitrax system. They ran OK for about 5 mins and then all 3 ran at full speed. I placed them back on my sons layout that uses the Bachmann DCC EZ Command system and now they wont run at all. Any help would be a greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jim Banner

I run my Bachmann locomotives with Digitrax regularly but have never experienced this problem.  This makes me wonder if the problem is more layout specific rather than DCC system specific.  It sounds like the programming of the decoders has been corrupted, possibly by a momentary short circuit of the type that can occur on some turnouts and crossings.

Whatever the cause, the first step of the solution is to reset the decoders in your son's locomotives.  As you cannot do this with the E-Z Command, you will have to do it with your Digitrax.  Depending on which Diigtrax command station you are using, you may have to clip a 1000 ohm resistor across the rails of your programming track in order to avoid getting a dnd (Did Not Detect) error.  After resetting the decoders according to the instructions for the specific decoders installed, try running the locomotives on address 03 using the E-Z Command.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.