News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound?

Started by Ron Tremblay, November 14, 2011, 08:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Tremblay

Hi, thinking of buying a bachmann climax with soundtraxx tsunami. Will it work with my nce g wire cab. Are do i have to buy a differnent controler?

Thanks,Ron                                       

Kevin Strong

Depends. NCE makes two wireless throttles. The "G-wire" wireless throttle is designed to work with the G-wire receiver that plugs into the QSI sound/throttle board. The ProCab R is the wireless throttle that works with their DCC command station.

If you've got the ProCab R and the DCC commands station, then you're all set. You merely need to set the Climax on the track, set the loco ID to 3 (default) and you should have control. If you've got the G-wire cab and use it with the G-wire receiver and QSI sound/throttle boards, that won't work with the G-wire cab since you cannot hook the G-wire receiver to it. (You *may* be able to wire it in, but Soundtraxx would have to show you how. It wouldn't be a simple matter of just plugging in the jumper wire as it is with the QSI receiver. That'd be a question for the tech people at Soundtraxx. I'd love to know if it can be done...)

Later,

K

Ron Tremblay

Thanks; Kevin, Mine needs a  g wire receiver.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Regards, Ron                                                                                                             

Kevin Strong

That being the case, buy the non-sound version and wait (and wait) for the new Titan to come out. Shame more DCC sound decoder manufacturers can't make it easy to hook the G-wire receiver to it. (Hey Bachmann, can you spec that on the next generation Tsunamis you contract with Soundtraxx?)

Later,

K