Compatibility of Bachman 5A booster with Bachman auto-reverse module

Started by RT_Coker, June 17, 2011, 01:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT_Coker

When I connect the 5A booster to my all-Bachmann HO layout, the auto-reverse modules no-longer work.  The booster and auto-reverse act like they are having a timing conflict.  Everything else has work fine with a few adjustments.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

RT_Coker

Found the problem and it was me.
I had connected the auto-reverse module input to the same terminal rerailer as the EZ controller which was some track distance from the auto-reverse module input connection.  (At the time, I didn't have another terminal rerailer.)  Everything work fine with the EZ controller, so I didn't see the need to get another terminal rerailer .  But with the 5A booster connected this configuration did not work.  I had to move the auto-reverse module input connection so that it was "track" close to the auto-reverse module output.

Over & Out

RT_Coker

My auto-reverse module stopped working when I connected it to the track will short (~1ft) leads!  It made sounds like it was having a timing conflict with the 5A booster.  When I went back to the long leads supplied with the unit, the problem went away.