News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

White Christmas 4-6-0 Locomotive

Started by nike417, November 16, 2011, 09:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nike417

I just received my train set today. I love this set. I am very sorry to say though that the locomotive does not take the curves on my track. It appears that it has wobblely wheels that make it difficult when going on the curves. It appears that the three main wheels are not lined up and the front and rear wobbel which make a grinding noise into the rails when going around curves slowing it down.  I really love this set and do not want to have to ship the entire set back. Seems like only a simple adjustment is needed to make it smooth.   It kind of jumps along when going around the curve, also slowing down, and the grinding noise against the rails.  Do you think this loco is defective and I need to send it back or is there something I can do to adjust it?

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,   
Sorry to hear about your problem!
Since your set is brand new you may want to take it back to the store you purchased it at and get an exchange.   You may have to send it in but before you contact Bachmann, you should carefully check your track. Does your locomotive run OK on the straight track? If so the curved pieces may not be properly assembled.  It is very important that the track be assembled exactly like the instructions say. It should be on a very flat and level surface.  Be sure each end of the track pieces fits perfectly to the next piece.  Also if you tried running on a thick carpet carpet fibers may have gotten into the mechanism.

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

nike417

Hello Bill,
Thank you for the quick response.  I do have the track assembled ok.  I have 4 other bachmann 4-6-0 sets that I currently run and have not problems with my other locomotives.  I guess I was hoping there would be a fix, but if I need to return the entire set back, I will.

THank you again.
Wes

Loco Bill Canelos

WEs,

Sorry I could not help. Returning it sounds like the best bet.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!