News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

B&M RS3

Started by Billm10454, January 18, 2013, 01:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billm10454

I just received my Bachmann B&M RS3 with sound. I am really impressed with the sound and how it runs. The price is also very good. I have other switchers with sound that cost a lot more but I would say the Bachmann is equal to them.

electrical whiz kid

Having been born and brought up in the Boston area, I spent some time at the BET of the B&M there, and watching the four Scherzer bridges operate.
The RS-3 paint scheme was and is a beautiful one.  most of my collection is steam, and the new Bachmann 2-6-0s with the BM herald wound up in my menage-as triplets.  Much time was spent watching B&M steam as well as diesel, ply the North Shore as well as the Mass. interior.
Rich C.

jward

i don;t have one with sound yet, but i have the fa2. the sound is dead on for both an fa2 and an rs3. kinda takes me back to the western maryland ry in elkins, wva in the 1970s.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

utdave

RS3      does it have options of different horn sounds.    i have  several of the FA  with sound   each one has a different horn that i selected on the CVs  there great.      There is one i really love  its the DCC Sound-Equipped EMD DD40AX Centennial.     very impressed there   i like to start that one   hear one engine start then the other  bachmann kick that one out of the park   along with the EM1 2-8-8-2  sound ready with the sound decoder that you buy seperate i love the sound of that also and so easy to install the sound.   whished they did that with the 2-6-6-2.
now just save up for the RS3  and see how that runs and sounds.

Dave   Happy sounds away 

Billm10454

According to the JMRI software there are 3 different horns. I can't recall the names of them though. Whiz Kid I also live and grew up in Massachusetts. I live 5 miles north of Boston.