Gold Hill Express Bachmann Train

Started by toobzy, November 20, 2011, 09:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toobzy

I have a Gold Hill  Express Bachmann Train Set. G Scale and extra track, accessories, etc.  It is in the original box.  It was set up maybe twice in our house and has lived in my attic since my boys were little.  Once we purchased this huge train set, we just didn't have room for it.  I want to sell this, I have no idea what it might be worth or even how to begin to sell it.  Suggestions???????

Doneldon

too-

How will you ever find time to sell your trains if you are already toobzy?

Check ebay, Craig's List and other online sites. You'll be able to get a reasonable idea what the trains are worth. By and large, old trains have little value except for a limited number of truly rare items in pristine condition. And condition is definitely key. Large scale trains like yours may hold their value a little better than more common scales due to their relative scarcity and the high prices for much of the current merchandise, even Bachmann's. Shipping is a deterrent to high prices, however, because the large trains are quite costly to mail. Be aware that battery operated trains have no value at all. They were lousy to begin with and have no desirable features to recommend them.
                                                                     -- D