Accumate HO couplers on the Bachmann On30 Outside Frame 2-8-0

Started by hminky, February 08, 2007, 06:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

I have a "what I did" about putting Accumate HO couplers on the Bachmann On30 outside frame 2-8-0 at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/of_accumates/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

ben_not_benny

Mark Damien

Harold,

I was planning on using accumate couples due to their more realistic size, but always wondered how they compared to KDs, Bachmann et al, in operation?

I noticed you have a couple of 2-8-0s. I bought one as soon as they were released & another just a couple of days ago. The new one, with the tender close coupled, negotiates 18" curves easily - too easily. Yet my original one cannot run below 22". Was there any changes made to the 2-8-0, that you know about, that would cause such different results? I compared mine side by side, but I can't see any difference.
Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

hminky

See the "Accumate HO a better coupler for On30? ", someone else agrees that they couple and hand uncouple better than the clones.

I use the Accumate Proto:HO couplers on my 1905 era HO equipment and they are a definite improvement over KD #58's in performance.

I only report what I am doing and only have the "old" 2-8-0's. Mine have always gone easily around an 18" radius with the outer drawbar hole.

Harold