News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Engine Problem

Started by dcep44, November 25, 2011, 03:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcep44

I Just bought a Bachmann HO scale set for my girlfriends christmas village. The engine is not running around the track unfortunately. But I noticed only the front set of wheels are turning not the back, is this normal? I wonder if I received a broken engine? Thank you!

Jim Banner

Assuming you bought an H0 diesel set made within the last decade or so, then all the wheels should be powered and turning.  If they are not, then the locomotive is defective.  If the locomotive is not a diesel or the set is old, then we need more information.  Including the catalogue number of the set would also help.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

dcep44

Hey thanks for the reply.

Its an Complete and Ready-ToRun HO Scale Electric Train Set (Thoroughbred)

EMD-F7 Diesel Locomotive.

So I guess since the back 4 wheels are not spinning that would be my issue then huh?

Thanks again!

Jerrys HO

dcep-

That engine is all wheel drive. You can take off the shell by removing the fuel tank an taking out the screws holding the shell on to see if something is jammed or just simply return it.

Jerry

Doneldon

dcep-

Post once only, please. Multiple posts will not yield more or better replies.

-- D

dcep44

Okay so I took the Engine apart and saw that a piece of disconnected (the piece that connected the motor to the back wheels). So after some careful work without the proper tools I was able to connect the pieces back together and now the train is working great in my village. Ill post a pic if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for the help!

Ken G Price

Quote from: dcep44 on November 26, 2011, 02:49:34 PM
Okay so I took the Engine apart and saw that a piece of disconnected (the piece that connected the motor to the back wheels). So after some careful work without the proper tools I was able to connect the pieces back together and now the train is working great in my village. Ill post a pic if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for the help!
Welcome to Model railroading.
There will be many skills that you will and must learn which makes it a hobby for those that love to use their brain.
You are off to a great start. Most of it just take one to step back, look at the problem to find a solution, or go on the forums and ask for help. There is most likely some one else that has had the same thing go wrong.

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

legostudios34

I could use those pictures. I have the exact same set with the exact same problem as yours.