Compatibility with trains/tracks

Started by Icemyst, November 27, 2011, 04:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icemyst

Does anyone know if the Lional trains will work with the bachmann trains on the ez tracks???

Doneldon

Ice-

I think the answer to your question is "no," but I'm not positive because your question isn't complete. Bachmann doesn't make O-scale track and Lionel doesn't make HO trains so there is no compatibility. However, if you are really asking if old Lionel HO equipment will work on Bachmann HO track the answer is "yes." But the old Lionel HO probably isn't worth your time or expense to bring it up to modern operational standards, not to mention detail level. The Lionel HO wasn't very good quality to begin with and even the best trains from 25 years ago are far eclipsed by modern merchandise.
                                                                                                                                                                               -- D

Terry Toenges

Icemyst - Are you talking about Bachmann's Williams line of trains?
Feel like a Mogul.

Icemyst

The set we have is just bachmann, it's the Yuletide special on the ez tracks. My husband wants to add more trains and he's liking some of the individual train pieces. So we're just trying to figure out what can be used with the existing set. Thank you for the help :-)

Doneldon

Ice-

All current Bachmann HO trains can be used together on a DC track. Be careful of older
trains because they may have couplers which won't mate.
                                                                                              -- D

jward

any ho trains should run on any ho track. any ho trains which have the same coupler type should work together. the only exception to the above are trains like maerklin which run on ac not dc.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ebtnut

Just for the record, Lionel did briefly offer HO scale train sets.  That was going on 50 years ago, though. 

Jim Banner

I have one piece of H0-gauge Lionel, a caboose.  It looks surprisingly large for H0, about 10% to 15% larger in linear measure.  Anybody know if Lionel "H0" was really H0 or was some of it 00?

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Doneldon

ebt-

I don't think it was quite 50 years but I'm sure it was 40.

Jim-

It was sold as HO but the scale and details left a lot to be desired.

-- D

Woody Elmore

Lionel did HO twice. The first run, in the Fifties, featured a poorly detailed pacific based on the John English molds. The second run in the Seventies featured a gp-30. I think the cars in the latter production may have been done by Athearn.