News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SD 40-2

Started by darylenorton, December 02, 2011, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darylenorton

Are there any plans to re-release the SD 40-2 in either dual mode or even as it was?  I'd be interested in at least 5 or 6, and maybe even more.  It would be even nicer if they were done with high short hoods (I model Southern Railway, but please don't do the same paint scheme as the GP 50), but know how to "bash" the shells if necessary.

Williamson

Hopefully Bachmann destroyed the tooling on these - they were really poor models.

If Bachmann re-tooled them with scale width hoods and details on a par with recent models like the GP7 and RS3, then that would be pretty cool! 8)

Mark

darylenorton

Well, I used to sit on my front porch and watch a group of SD 40-2's pull a coal drag through town and would like to recreate it on my layout.  So how about it Mr. Bachmann--any chance of a new SD 40-2 coming out soon?

the Bach-man

Dear Daryl,
I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

daniel_leavitt2000

Man, that old SD40-2 was a dog. I mean, it was probably one of worst engines Bachmann ut out in the dark days. It would be nice if they introduced a totally new SD40-2, especially the mid phase that Kato has neglected. I could use several Conrail units.

axle17921

Kato may have neglected the mid phase SD40 but bachmann will never have a product that would ever come close to the quality of a kato locomotive.  I have high praise for the Bachmann spectrum steam locomotive line but my faith in their diesels will never be high.

skipgear

Quote from: axle17921 on December 16, 2011, 07:41:35 PM
Kato may have neglected the mid phase SD40 but bachmann will never have a product that would ever come close to the quality of a kato locomotive.  I have high praise for the Bachmann spectrum steam locomotive line but my faith in their diesels will never be high.

You really ought to base your opinion on current product, not that POS 15 year old SD40.

Try a 44T, 70T, GP7, or RS3 and you might change your mind.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950