News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

couple of questions

Started by mf5117, December 28, 2011, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf5117

I haven't ran my HO layout in about 6 months . I cleaned the rails ,took the eraser and cleaned the rails " it's nickle silver EZ Track . I was running 5 Locomotives off my EZ Command and my FT would stop in certain places ,on a curve on the outter loop and on the back straight on the outter loop . I was pulling 9 cars with the FT , I would tap on my bench and the FT would pick back up .The wheels didn't look dirty on the FT so hmmm .

Also when I was running, I never have had this problem before but everything would stop and the EZ Commander would be on address 1, then have to re-address and everthing would run again where it left off . Didn't think I was over loading the controller as I have never had this problem before . Plug wire tight to terminal railer and feeder wire to other loop to terminal railer plugged in tight . So Thinking I'm getting good voltage .

Jerrys HO

mf5117

I had the same problem with my track where one section would lose voltage.
I ran my meter around and found one 9" straight lost connection thru the joiners.
Took that piece out and squeezed the rail joiner closed a little more ( not to much as you will make it impossible to rejoin ) And that fixed the problem. In hard to reach area's such as my newly built mountains I soldered the rails together.
I would recommend getting a meter if you don't have one.

As for your controller resetting, it sounds like something is shorting for a second and causing it to reset. That's one I have not experienced YET.

Jerry