News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HELP 1st Post ? North Pole Southern

Started by D_Gunner13, December 04, 2011, 09:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D_Gunner13

Hi ;D my 1st post here will a question>I have a north pole Southern all hook up and I'm getting an over load light on the transformer could this be the train need oiling or bad connection if it need oiling where do i oil?I have no directions and the search on the web sight comes up blank
                                          Thanks Dennis

Jim Banner

It's time for a little trouble shooting.  Remember - do not let the power pack sit for long periods of time with a short on the output.  Unplug it or turn it off between the following tests.

(1) remove all the cars from the layout.  Does the power pack still show overload?  (if yes, go to (2).  If not, there is a problem in a car.  Find the bad car by placing the cars on the track, one at a time, until the power pack shows overload again.)

(2) remove locomotive from the layout.  Does the power pack still show overload?  (if yes, go to (3).  If not, there is a problem with the locomotive.)

(3) disconnect the power plug from the track.  Does the power pack still show overload? (if yes, go to (4)  If not, there is a problem with the track.  Reconnect the power and find the bad track section by removing track sections one at a time until the power pack no longer shows overload.)

(4) disconnect the track wire from the power pack.  Does the power pack still show overload? (if yes, the power pack is bad.  If not, the wire is bad.)

This trouble shooting will take you less time than I spent writing the directions but it is reasonable way to isolate the problem.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

D_Gunner13

Thank You very Much Jim ill be back with results as soon as i check this out Thanks Again

D_Gunner13

It Works but running slow does it need oil or track dirty