News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N-Scale Climax 'B'

Started by Komata, December 18, 2011, 01:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komata

I have been an N-scale modeller for more than 30 years, and would be grateful if  someone within Bachmann Industries could please tell me if and when Bachmann are going to manufacture and market a Climax 'B' type 0-4-4-0 in both HO and N scales?  The Bachmann 2011 Catalogue currently lists this type of locomotive in 'Large' scale and On30, and because of this 'prior experience' with the type in respect of manufacturing difficulties that would be encountered,  it would seem logical to produce the same type in both HO and N - especially as there is currently NO climax 2-truck in production anywhere in either of these scales.

FWIW, if 'market-size' is seen as a 'difficulty', and a potential hindrance to commitment to manufacturing this specific locomotive-type, it is worth remembering that Climax 'B''s were used all over the world on mining and timber railways, and were far more widely spread than either Heisler or Shay types - especially the latter type which was only exported in small numbers.  The market for whoever manufactures a relatively low-cost good, reliable generic Climax  'B' in both HO and N is potentially huge and there for the taking.

Based on this latter fact (size of the potential market) , are Bachmann industries prepared to enter into this field and be the manufacturer of a locomotive type that is crying out to be produced in both "N' and HO?

I look forward to a reply with great interest,

Komata

"TVR - serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "