HELP!! Tidmouth Shed Turntable Help PLEASE!!!!

Started by southpaw6267, December 06, 2011, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southpaw6267

Hello All,
My 11 year old just purchased the turntable and we just set it up. The problem is that the trains do not move on any track other than the one that is hooked directly to the turntable. As per instructions I have it hooked to the 4th track or 3:00 o'clock if the green handle is noon. Power track is attached directly to the turntable but when I turn to other sheds the trains do not move.

I am very frustrated and if anyone can offer advice I would be most appreciative.

Thanks
Jim in NJ

thomasj219

It could be that you don't have the right track, double-check and try all the different tracks. If that doesn't work check to make sure the turntable lines up with the rails exactly. If all else fails I would send it back to BACHMANN for a new one.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
The only tracks that are supposed to have power are  the ones with which the turntable bridge is aligned.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

southpaw6267

Thanks guys, Mr. B. I understand that. The only track that works when it aligns with the bridge is the track that is attached to the rest of the layout. If I align the bridge to any other track it does not work. I was on the phone with customer service today and it seems I have it set up properly and it still does not work.

I guess it is a faulty unit???

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
I guess that's possible. Service will arrange with you to send a replacement. Give them a call tomorrow.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

southpaw6267

Thanks Mr. B. Laura in the office was terrific to deal with. We got a new one today and it is all set up and working great. My son loves it.

Bachman is a quality company!!!!

RW James

Great news! That's what makes a good company great.
Rick