News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Christmas Train

Started by biametti, December 10, 2011, 11:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biametti

So frustrated!!
Why do you have to put batteries in an electric train to put the light on?
This is not user friendly!
I have a Christmas village & in order to put the passenger lights on you must lift each train up & reach onto the bottom of each train in order to turn the lights on! its just stupid! Very dissatisfied!

biametti

I would like to find out if they have a different electric Christmas train that is ALL ELECTRIC,, NO BATTERIES! :-[ >:(

Jerrys HO

biametti-

Depending on which scale you want, yes there are all electric trains available. Here's one in HO Scale.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=3662

By the way what brand and model do you currently have.

Jerry

biametti

Bachman
Large scale
White Christmas Express

biametti

Again who would want to reach down & turn each battery on each car on,, its crazy!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

biametti

if it is described as electric,, it should all be electric  grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Jerrys HO

Good thing you only set it up once a year. That is why they call it model railroading. You could change it up to where the switch is in any position you like. A little cutting and rerouting of the wires is all. If you are capable you could also modify it to draw power from the rails.( a little more involved but not out of the question)

Jerry

Terry Toenges

Electric... What do you think batteries are? Gas powered?
Feel like a Mogul.

Doneldon

bia-

You don't need a separate post for each sentence.

Most manufacturers who advertise "electric train" are referring to the motion, not the lights or animation or anything else. Remember that manufacturers who use battery lights have very good reasons for doing so: first, limiting current drawn from the rails so more power is available for moving trains and, second, controlling manufacturing costs and thereby reducing prices. It's not a communist plot. Indeed, I built a passenger train for my grandson and used battery lighting because I didn't want to tap his limited track power.
                                                                     -- D