News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Piers

Started by jshooky, December 10, 2011, 12:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jshooky

Does anyone know where Piers that allow HO trains to share the same horizontal space can be obtained ??

NarrowMinded

Piers are usually used to change elevation in track,  so one section leaves the horizontal plain of another like when you have a figure eight track and one section goes up and over another.

Is this what your asking about?

NM-Jeff

Doneldon

js-

There are some Tomy Thomas the Tank Engine sets which allow one train to run above another in the same vertical plane but I don't know how two trains could share the same horizontal plane unless they are running parallel to or crossing one another. Please give us some more information about what you're trying to accomplish.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              -- D

JerryB

Probably looking for graduated piers, but didn't describe them very well.

Bachmann makes two sets. See:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=202

--and--

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=203

The first link is to a "14-Piece Graduated Pier Set" and the second is an "8-Piece Tall Pier Set."

These are listed under "HO Scale E-Z Track Accessories." I don't know if they will work with regular track. If not, I would guess other manufacturers make similar pier sets for track that does not include roadbed. Google with the correct name and scale might return more possibilities

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

captain1313

Might also be looking for piers to use for an parallel elevated track over an existing track.  I think I've seen some of those on e-bay.  Very pricey though.  I wouldn't mind getting some if they were in my price range.

Kevin

Jhanecker2

Elevated Parrallel Track can be found in the Walthers HO Reference Catalog in the scenery section . It is Like the track that is used for the Elevated Lines in Chicago some of which were serviced by steam engines originally. j2.