News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old Bachman 2-6-0

Started by IHC650, December 13, 2011, 08:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHC650

I have an old 2-6-0 Steam locomotive and cars from the late 70s to early 80s and wondering if I could add on to the the old track with new track and make it larger or if I need to start with a new locomotive and cars on a completely new track layout?

Doneldon

IHC-

Your models should all work together. However, there are a few other considerations. One is that your older locomotive will, at a minimum, need cleaning and lubrication. Another is that your old track will absolutely need cleaning. A third is that your older rolling stock may have couplers which are incompatible with newer equipment. Also, your older loco might present a real challenge should you decide to convert to DCC. While any loco can be converted, older ones can be difficult. You should not, however, experience problems adding just track to your old trains. The loco and track will still likely need cleaning and lubing.
                  -- D

IHC650

Ok I am slightly new at this and what exactly is DCC  ???

richg

Quote from: IHC650 on December 14, 2011, 07:38:45 PM
Ok I am slightly new at this and what exactly is DCC  ???

Here is a very simple way to many times get a quick answer to a question and you have links you can save in Favorites.
Yeah, starting a conversion is nice but if just looking for a quick answer, a Google search can find tons of info.
I have been doing this for some years and have well over 500 different links on all kinds of subjects.

http://tinyurl.com/74eosu5

Rich