News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

RGS 74 kitbash

Started by Tomcat, December 12, 2011, 09:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Folks,

when I looked through some older Gazettes, I found a drawing of my favorite, the C&S / RGS No.74.
The 4-6-0´s tender matches the dimensions, but what about the rest...? I could see to use a HO 2-8-0 from Bachmann´s range for the running gear, some halfway fitting domes from PSC, but...

Anyone tried this before?  ??? ??? ???
Any recommendations...?   ???

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

PadreCraig

Just ask Bachmann to pretty please come out with a RGS #74.  Can't believe they'd say "No!"

Tomcat

Yep, that would make my day...

I have already found out by checking the dimensions that the 4-6-0´s tender with some minor alternations, makes a perfect RGS 74 tender... =) ...and the Cab from a C-16 fits with a extended cab roof, but the rest.... ??? ??? ???

Cheers, Tom

Tomcat

I´m getting forward with this: By cutting off the flared side of a 4-6-0 tender, plus adding the upper parts made from Polystyrene, and adding a air reservoir to the rear (from a Forney kitbash), the tender is literally finished.

The 4-6-0 boiler with a shortened smokebox and grinded off sand dome plus a BLI C-16 cab with a extended roof will be another step to a RGS 74. Using a BLI C-16 frame and wheelset plus a Bachmann 2-8-0 Walschaerts reversing gear will be the next step.

I´ll keep you updated folks...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)