News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Mogul 2-6-0 New Release

Started by curtwbb, December 12, 2011, 07:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtwbb

I saw the new 2-8-8-4 EM-1 last week and was really impressed. I have the 2-6-0 on pre order and can't seem to find any where that talks about when it is expected to be released. Does anyone have any info on this?
Curt Webb

richg

I have seen sometime in December at  couple on line sites. They might be shipping to the North Pole right now.
I can almost guarantee the someone here will say something as soon as they get one. The EM-1 discussion popped up recently.
I am also watching the Trains.com site because the EM-1 discussion showed up about as soon as someone got one and posted a couple photos.

Rich

richg

I just read a message in another forums that someone was told by Micro Mark, that Micro Mark will be shipping the 2-6-0, tomorrow. The site still shows Pre Order until they actually start shipping.

http://www.micromark.com/

PIck up you phone and call. You can order over the phone.

Rich

curtwbb

I was the one that posted on Trains.com. I can't wait to get it ;D Bachmann seems to do a heck of a lot better than other manufacturers on getting their new equipment released.
Curt Webb

richg

Quote from: curtwbb on December 14, 2011, 08:27:51 PM
I was the one that posted on Trains.com. I can't wait to get it ;D Bachmann seems to do a heck of a lot better than other manufacturers on getting their new equipment released.

Ok, I did not look too closely at the name. Good to know.
Some here never seem to venture out.
I use the site a lot along with the fairly new MRH free eZine site.
Some of the Yahoo DCC sites are also very good for specific DCC brands.

Rich

rogertra

Rec'd an e-mail this evening from my U.S. supplier (pusher?) advising me that my two Alco 2-6-0s with sound and DCC are in stock and put aside for me awaiting my shipping instructions.    ;D

uncbob

Pacific Northern

I was notified by my on-line supplier that my units were now in and ready for shipping (once I paid of course)
Pacific Northern

richg

uncbob

What prototype was the basis for the Bachmann Mogul
Or what  RR type does it come close to
If any ?

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I have read on here that it looks like a Green Bay and Western 2-6-0.

curtwbb

I was actually hoping for the Pennsy Mogul to have the Belpaire fire box. Bachmann did a great job of that on the Spectrum K4s but it is probably unrealistic for the cost we are paying for a single RR. I will take it and keep smiling ;D
Curt Webb

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Quote from: curtwbb on December 17, 2011, 10:43:15 AM
I was actually hoping for the Pennsy Mogul to have the Belpaire fire box. Bachmann did a great job of that on the Spectrum K4s but it is probably unrealistic for the cost we are paying for a single RR. I will take it and keep smiling ;D

I myself am looking at the Union Pacific one.

RAM

If you do a search for Penn. RR Mogul, you will find that the Penn. RR had moguls just like Bachmann makes.  They did not have the Belpaire fire box. 

curtwbb

Actually we are both right. Yes the PRR did have this style of Mogul but they also had 103 of them with the Belpaire fire box. They were built  between 1902-1906 by Altoona and Baldwin as the F3c class. I was hoping for the distinctive firebox because that says PRR at a glance. :)
Curt Webb