News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track DCC turnouts

Started by Sunnyfield, December 08, 2011, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunnyfield

I posted this on Bachmann HO FAQ but thought perhaps some in the On30 community might have used EHO EZ track for their On30 layouts

I am confused about the DCC ready EZ track! My best way of explanation will be to use the part numbers from the catalog and their associated photos.
#44139 a #4 left turnout, appears to have a METAL frog and, from the description has a DCC decoder installed to operate the turnout
#44130 appears to be a sharper radius than a #4 (no number is given in the catalog listing), is DCC compliant but appears to have a plastic frog.
IS #44130 a sharper curve and does it have a plastic frog?
The reason for the question is I am running an On30 Bachmann 0-4-2 using DCC on a switching layout and it stalls on the "regular" manual EZ turnouts that have plastic frogs. If I am going to update to a DCC all metal frog turnout, I want to be certain that I am getting the best product for running short wheel base locomotives on DCC.
Thanks for your help!

NarrowMinded

Not an answer to your question, but a suggestion.

I run 0-4-0's and 0-4-2's and love to run them slow, to overcome the issues crossings and turnouts I added pick ups to a car that I always run first in-line behind them. I added micro plugs to the loco and the car to connect them.

I do this with my on30 and my G-scale and love the trouble free operation it provides.

NM-Jeff