News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How can I find this engine??

Started by mdmeyers1982, December 16, 2011, 02:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdmeyers1982

I found this in some old boxes of mine.... one I used to run when I was a kid. It is only the shell, and I know it may be possible to just swap it. But I would rather have a new, fresh one (this is a bit scratched and some of the details are broken off)

I've tried to search google for a deisel like this but only come up with other style engines in the same paint colors.

Any ideas?

Jim Banner

It looks like a LifeLike model of an F-7 in passenger locomotive paint scheme.  There is at least one on eBay but it needs work and the shipping price seems rather high.  But you still might want to have a look at it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIFE-LINE-TRAIN-BURLINGTON-NORTHERN-ENGINE-NO-9790-/110793345440?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item19cbcc49a0

Note the misspelling in the title.  And remember that "good" in train grading means "not so good" in every day English.  If you have the time and are patient, a better one will likely come up for auction.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Terry Toenges

Or, you can buy the one on EBay and find a good cheap Lifelike unit in different paint scheme and switch shells. If the rest of your fleet has knuckle couplers, maybe you can find one with knuckle couplers.
Feel like a Mogul.

Doneldon

mdm-

That loco on ebay is most definitely not in good condition, and I'm not so sure that it was ever very desirable. One truck is trash and the loco has only four-wheel drive. I'd either be very patient with ebay or look for a new model. I'm thinking that Intermountain might make F-units with GN's Empire Builder paint.
                                                                                                         -- D